Leave a Bequest
Stepping Stone House is only partly funded by the Family and Community Services and as such relies heavily on charitable donations and fundraising throughout the year.
The greatest gift is the gift of a future.
Including a bequest to Stepping Stone House in your Will ensure you leave a lasting impact on the lives of young homeless Australians.
Placing a bequest for Stepping Stone House will ensure you leave a direct, positive and enduring legacy in your local community. For our young people, your bequest will help them gain independence and access to opportunities that can change and enrich their lives for the better.
A gift in your Will not only ensures financial support for us to continue to run our life changing youth programs, but is also a meaningful testament and legacy to your values that you can leave to your loved ones.
Bequests take a number of forms, so you can choose one that suits you and your loved ones. It is important to note that being wealthy is not a perquisite, as many everyday Australians are leaving what they can to help improve the world.
Forms of Bequests
Forms of Bequests
- A Residual Bequest: After you have looked after your loved ones, you may choose to leave what remains to Stepping Stone House. Many people choose this option because it means you look after your loved ones first.
- A Percentage of your Estate: This option has the advantage of not being affected by inflation. No matter how your estate changes, your bequest remains in proportion with other parts of your Will.
- A Specific Bequest: This option allows you to specify the exact amount of asset you wish to bequeath to Stepping Stone House through your Will.
Leaving a Bequest
To leave a bequest, it is worthwhile contacting a legal professional to ensure the Will is an accurate representation of your wishes and to ensure the transparency of language.
Suggested text includes:
‘I give devise and bequeath to Sydney Stepping Stone Inc (also known as Stepping Stone House) the sum of $……… or (a description of the specific asset) or (% of your estate) and the receipt of the Proper Officer of Sydney Stepping Stone Inc shall be a sufficient discharge to my Executor or to my Trustee who shall not be required to see to the application of such funds.’
- We will always respect your privacy
- We recognise your family and loved ones come first
- You can tell us if you left a bequest in your will, but you don’t have to
- We promise to use your gift carefully and cost effectively so it will do the most good
- We acknowledge that you have the right to change your mind at any time regarding your bequest