On Friday the 26th of October, we held our largest fundraising event of the year, Sleep Under the Stars.
This years event was on a scale not previously experienced by our team and we are happy to say the whole event was a huge success, with over 500 people registered, and $455,000 raised.
Some highlights from the night:
- Shelter building! Teams stopped at nothing to decorate and stand out this year. We saw Fairy lights, Halloween themed shelters, pirate ships and a great taj mahal that took out the top place!
- Music. We had buskers from ‘Musicians Making a Difference’ serenading teams as they constructed their shelters. This really gave the event a special touch.
- Incredible Speeches. There wasn’t a dry eye to be seen during the speeches, hearing from Kyle Sandilands about his time spent homeless at the age of 16, and from some of the former residents at SSH, who shared their experiences and love of the place they grew up.
- D.minor & Alli Simpsons Performance. D.minor performed his song, ‘Concrete Pillow’ about his time spent on the street. The performance was full of passion as was a huge highlight of the night.
- Head Shave! Tim from Sustainability consulting shaved his head for a cause after raising $2000 in 2 hours!