The Difference We Make
Making a transformational difference for life
At Stepping Stone House, we’re committed to transforming the lives of at-risk youth. Through our unique ‘Stepping Stones to Independence’ model, we help young people aged 12 – 24 to develop important life skills, realise their potential and become independent young adults.
We make a life-long difference by:
Providing medium to long-term accommodation and person-centred support and development, unlike short-term shelters.
Providing a mix of therapeutic care and outdoor adventure education as key support and development methods.
Delivering positive social and economic outcomes.
The Stepping Stone difference:
- INSPIRE our youth to identify their PURPOSE
- Medium to long term care versus short term refuge
- The continuum of care from full residential through to full independence
- A sense of family and home away from home across the programs
- Development through outdoor adventure education
- Learning 450 Life Skills
- Creating lasting positive childhood memories
- Graduation to either employment or tertiary education
- Long term “after care” – we don’t stop at independence
We are passionate about:
- Transforming the lives of homeless and at-risk young people.
- Providing ongoing support, mentorship and rehabilitation.
- Collaborative partnerships and working together.
- Maximising individual potential and building active community engagement.
We use our programmes to achieve key outcomes with our young
people, which are measureable and evidence based.
HUGE impact if the Stepping Stone House Model is implemented Australia wide
- Homelessness would be halved from 39% to 19.5%
- Hospitalisation would decrease from 29.2% to 19.2%
- Education engagement would increase from 3.6% to 9%
- Arrests would decrease from 16.3% to 10.4%
- Drug and alcohol dependence would decrease from 15.8% to 2.5%
*Data taken from the Deloitte Homestretch reportGive more of our vulnerable young people a chance to flourish… DONATE NOW